In Orthodox Studies, the Year 1 students have been learning about Holy Friday.
- Megali Paraskevi is the most sacred day of Holy Week.
- The church bells ring all morning to remember it is a day of mourning.
- Girls decorate the Epitafio – the funeral bier.
- A service is held for Christ’s funeral.
- It is a day of rest for women and men.
- At dusk, the Epitafio is paraded through the village or town streets with a quiet procession.
As a remote learning task, students were asked to make their own Epitafio using recycled materials from home. Here are some of the amazing Epitafios that the kids made!