The Oakleigh Grammar community celebrates success and diversity in Term 4
Pictured: Principal Mr Mark Robertson and 2014 Junior School Leaders
As we enter Term 4 at Oakleigh Grammar, it brings me great joy to look back on the many achievements of our students, Staff and Community in 2014. We have had many reasons to celebrate so far this year, including:
- The official opening of our newly refurbished Science Wing, held on Wednesday 17 September. The project was made possible thanks to generous donations by members of the local parish and community of over $257,000 as well as a federal government grant of $623,000.
- Early Learning Centre Educator Ms Cathy Crerar nominated as a finalist in the 2014 Early Childhood Educator of the Year Awards; and Middle School teacher Mr Duncan Goddard’s findings from time spent as a blood disease researcher at Monash University were published in online journal PubMed.
- The best VCE results achieved in over four years by our Class of 2013.
- A strong focus on internationalism, with over 22 different cultural backgrounds now represented in our student population. We regularly add new celebrations to our Cultural Calendar at Oakleigh Grammar, including the upcoming Diwali Day which celebrates India’s largest national holiday.
I also look forward to the Oakleigh Greek Glendi - Unity Through Diversity Festival on the Melbourne Cup Long Weekend (Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd November) at Warrawee Park Oakleigh, where we will celebrate the rich hellenic culture of our School's founders as well as many other cultures that now contribute to our vibrant City of Monash.
Our School has evolved rapidly over the past five years and we continue to improve our facilities and programs to meet 21st century learning requirements. We now proudly offer:
- The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program.
- The internationally acclaimed ‘The Leader in Me’ process, promoting social and academic success from years Prep to 12.
- A state-of-the-art Early Learning Centre which uses the ‘Reggio Emilia’ learning philosophy in a light-filled environment for toddlers through to four year olds.
I warmly invite interested families to book in with us for a tour of the school grounds and classrooms in action. I’m confident you’ll agree that we truly are Oakleigh’s best kept secret!
We are currently taking enrolments for 2015 and 2016 with places still available in some year levels for 2015. Please register here for a personal tour of the School or call Anne Byrne (Enrolments) on 9569 6128.
Mr Mark Robertson
If you'd like to know more about the Early Learning Centre, Junior, Middle or Senior School, we offer personal, guided tours of our school grounds and classrooms in action from Monday to Friday.
Our Heads of School invite you to book in for a tour with them.
Please click here to register for a School Tour.